Rod W. Beck
4257 N. Tattenham Way
Boise, Idaho 83713
To become the Ada County Commissioner and advance a strong Republican Agenda where appropriate for county government. Be an effective voice in the Ada County Commission to promote the proper role of government.
- Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to manage people with diverse backgrounds and skills.
- Complex negotiation skills.
- Resource Planning, Budgeting, Strategic Planning, Task Management, Public Relations Management, Corporate Relations, Client/Vendor Liaison.
POLITICAL AND LEGISLATIVE
- Experience developing and managing complex legislation at both the principal and staff levels for the state legislative and state executive branches.
- Chairman of the 2016 Trump campaign in Idaho. Trump delegate to the 2016 Republican National Convention as leader of the Idaho Trump delegation.
- Member of Idaho Senate as Majority Leader and Committee Chairman.
- Region Chairman Idaho Republican Party.
- Owned and operated several small businesses including marketing and real estate.
Broker and Associate Broker. Nearly four decades of experience in real estate. Owned and operated several boutique real estate sales companies and sold residential and commercial properties.
Executive Director of the Idaho Housing and Finance Association (IHFA). As Executive Director, I reported to a board appointed by the governor of Idaho and oversaw all operations of IHFA, including sales of tax exempt bonds for the express purpose of buying qualified home mortgages from lenders, and organizing and developing a loan servicing operation. I administered a multi-family group charged with making loans for affordable housing complexes and developed the low income housing tax credits and the Federal HOME program. IHFA is also responsible for running the Section 8 HUD subsidized housing for low income people including new construction and vouchers. I started the first Family Self Sufficiency in Idaho that teaches families on subsidized housing to increase their family income and enables them to get off public assistance. I also developed the first public records system and wrote legislation to remove the sales tax subsidy from Idaho housing bonds.
POLITICAL AND GOVERNMENT EXPERIENCE
Idaho State Senate Majority Leader and Chairman of the Human Resources Committee. While a state senator, I also served on the Commerce and Labor Committee, Education Committee, State Affairs Committee, Judiciary and Rules Committee, Transportation Committee, Local Government and Tax Committee and Joint Finance and Appropriation Committee. Major accomplishments include: leadership in writing budgets for the state of Idaho and led the successful push for major legislation on pension regulatory reform.
Regional Chairman Idaho Republican Party, Alternate Delegate to the 2012 Convention and Delegate to the 2016 Republican Convention where I led the Trump delegation from Idaho. Chairman of the 2016 Idaho Trump for President Campaign. Recruited a campaign chair in 43 of 44 Counties leading up to the Primary election. Directed the selection of Trump delegates to the 2016 Republican Convention and the upcoming 2020 Republican Convention.
Served on the campaign team that elected Phil Batt governor of Idaho after 24 years of Democrat governors.
- National Right to Work Legislator of the Year.
- Friend of Agriculture.
- Guardian of Small Business
- Boise State University, advanced finance for real estate.
- Brigham Young University, coursework in finance and business.
- Ricks College (now Brigham Young University Idaho) Language Training Scholarship (Danish)
- Born in Rigby, Idaho, and raised on a potato farm in Archer, Idaho.
- Served a two-year mission for my church in Denmark and learned to speak Danish.
- Married to Rhonda Rawlins Beck for 45 years. We have three daughters and three sons and they have given us 17 grandchildren. They are our pride and joy in life.